Whether you are a freshman trying to land your first internship or a senior looking to lock in a job after graduation, career fairs are a great opportunity to network, get your resume out there, talk with recruiters and ask questions.
The College of Agriculture is hosting its Spring Career Fair this Wednesday, Feb. 12. It’s open to all Purdue students, and approximately 50 companies will have recruiters there to talk with you.
- WHEN: Wednesday, February 12, 2014
- WHERE: Purdue Memorial Union, South Ballroom
- TIME: 9 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- FREE and open to ALL Purdue students
What companies are recruiting agriculture communications students?
- AgReliant Genetics
- Bane-Welker Equipment
- Dow Agrosciences
- Indiana Pork
- USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service
You can find a full list of the registered companies and see their recruiting needs here.
Career fairs can be a little intimidating for everyone. Here are a few helpful tips to get prepared and calm those nerves :
- Attend the Resume Blitz on Feb. 11 to have your resume critiqued by industry recruiters.
- Do research ahead of time on companies you know you want to talk with.
- Dress conservatively: suit for men and skirt or pant suit for women (it’s better to be conservative).
- Overestimate the amount of resumes you’ll need to hand out to employers (print them on white or ivory professional resume paper).
- Earlier is better to avoid large crowds.
- Allow yourself at least 1 hour at the career fair.
The College of Agriculture gives a longer list of tips, tricks and checklists here.
If you have any additional questions about the career fair email Sherre Meyer at email@example.com.
Good luck at the career fair, and be sure to dress warm for your chilly walk to the Union!