What’s your leadership journey? The Book Harmon program is dedicated to fostering personal leadership and creating a networking environment for students to learn from leaders in the agriculture industry, and their Spring Forum is right around the corner.
The main event:
- WHEN: Tuesday, February 18, 2014 at noon
- WHERE: Pfendler Dean’s Auditorium (second floor)
- The forum is FREE and open to ALL PURDUE STUDENTS
I will be live tweeting this event, so be sure check my twitter, brooke_fruits, for the play by play.
The forums, which are held once each semester, feature a proven leader from the agriculture industry. At next week’s forum Kenda Resler Friend, the external communications and media relations leader at Dow AgroSciences, will talk “Planning (Living) Your Personal Leadership Journey.”
Not only is Kenda a proven global communicator in the industry, but she is also a Purdue alumna and the recipient of the 2012 Distinguished Agriculture Alumni Award.
On top of listening to Kenda Resler Friend, students have additional opportunities throughout the afternoon and evening to network and ask questions. So, even if you are unable to make it to the main forum, check to see if the other events work with you schedule.
Schedule of Events:
- 11:30 Lunch: Pizza Provided
- 12:00 Forum: Planning (Living) Your Personal Leadership Journey
- 1:00 Questions and Discussion
- 4:30 Leadership Challenge Workshop: “Good Questions Lead to Good Communications”
- 6:00 Sandwiches provided
- 6:30 Leadership Insights: Forest Roberts, Beef USA. AFA webinar, www.agfuture.org